Perhaps one of the more daunting things about changing your habits related to eating is figuring out what to actually do about it. The good news is this: YOU HAVE TO EAT EVERYDAY. So all we are talking about is making good choices (I know that sounds cliché; I nearly rolled my eyes writing it).
Finding what works is a personal, lifelong journey. Starting any journey, it’s good to have a map. It does’t mean you can’t change your route along the way, but at least you can begin with an established direction. So here is a really simple roadmap:
- Stop eating processed foods; choose the following instead:
- Organically, preferably locally grown vegetables, free from chemicals like pesticides, and certainly not genetically-modified in any way
- Naturally raised meat and related products (like butter, milk, eggs, etc.)
- Naturally produced and processed grains (flour, rice, oats, etc.)
SHOULD / COULD DOs
- Eat superfoods every day (we’ll tell you how), which could include:
- Goji Berries
- Pysllium Husk
- Coconut Oil
- Incorporate Resistant Starches in your diet (easily done and we’ll show you how)
- Find alternatives to drinking alcohol (it’s easier than you’d think)
Through the links on each subject, we provide more thoughts on each topic, but the roadmap is just this simple.
So why do all this? I was asked this question in a business meeting the other day (my day job has nothing at all to do with health and nutrition). Specifically the question was about superfoods. My answer was simple. Despite being a bit of a skeptic when I started eating this way, and particularly when we started eating superfoods, my brain felt like it came alive from the first time I started incorporating them into my diet. I felt my neurons begin reconnecting and firing faster then they ever have. Now I can’t imagine this feeling everyday. I am also sleeping through the night (which I haven’t done in many years), among a host of other benefits.