As summarized in this Wikipedia article, an Ecological Relationship is the relationship between organisms in an ecosystem.
Types of Ecological Relationships include:
- Oppositional Relationships
- Predation – where one organism preys on another.
- Competition – where organisms compete for resources.
- Symbiotic Relationships
- Mutualism – where both organisms benefit.
- Commensalism – where one organism benefits and the other is not affected.
- Parasitism – where one organism benefits and the other is harmed.
Humans have a Commensal relationship with the a wide variety of Microbes in our bodies.